We have putted together a plan for you to follow on Art Basel Miami starting now. Enjoy the art and gather in this art and social experience in the heat of Miami.
1. Some of the art pieces exposed in the Art Basel Miami are not for sale and are valuable objects. A local house in Miami by Jean Prouvé has some of that pieces of art inside. It is situated behind the Delano Hotel and it is like a showroom for the work of Brooklyn artist Zak Kitnic and French art group Kolkoz.
Location: Jean Prouvé – 1685 Collins Avenue; Locust Projects, a gallery in the Design District – 3852 N. Miami Avenue
2. At Locus Projects (Design District) Daniel Arsham digs a big hole and there displays obsolete gadgets. The project is called “Welcome to the Future” it is like an archeologic joke of the modern days.Location: 3852 North Miami Avenue
Miami, Florida 33127
3. Music invades Art Basel. There was a private party where Miley Cyrus sang or FKA Twigs on the past 4th of December and for today there is James Blake with his melancholic beautiful music and for Saturday Art Basel has a more danceable feeling with the iconic Britain talent. Location: James Blake – concert with invitation only – Location undisclosed, Miami Beach, 9:00 p.m
4. A space that gathers young artists is the New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA) it reunites galleries such as Misa Misako & Rosen of Tokyo, François Ghebaly Gallery in Los Angeles and Foxy Production in New York. It is place a place and that has another events in parallel happen like the NEWD Art Show that is an “anti-fair” from Bushwick, Brooklyn whom features newly artists and experimental enthusiasts and there is also Concept that focuses in secondary market-fair master works.
Location: NADA – Deauville Beach Resort, 6701 Collins Avenue,newartdealers.org;
5. Naked knitting and the art of the provocative – Hotel Gaythering an exhibiton called “Queer Biennial I” – a really strange and different exhibition that you will wanna take a look for the exquisiteness embed in it; alongside there will be a performance by the artist artist Ben Cuevas that will strangely knit himself a jock stack while naked. The Hotel will be filled with different works of 35 artists.
Location: Hôtel Gaythering, 1409 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
6. Gallery created in 2007 that promotes and sells contemporary fine art of visual art House of Art Gallery and they partnerships with schools, civic groups, non-profit organizations and other institutions. They do this to give an opportunity to students and new artists.
In December 6, this Saturday, their will exhibit by Madrid-based advertising and industrial photographer Miguel Vallinas.
7. Continuing to push and help the newly artists PULL will feature the artwork of the University of Miami graduate students. The opening reception is December 6 from 6 to 10 pm. Location: University of Miami, Wynwood Building, 2750 NW 3rd Avenue, Suite Wynwood
There is a lot to explore in the fair Art Basel Miami Beach 2014. The list is endless and we could continue but we will let you this big little list of events that will, at least, walk nonstop across Miami. Have a good weekend full of art!
To shake it off with some parties our cocktails check out this post.